Saturday, May 5, 2012

PHLO FINISTER x CROWN GOLD | EP

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


How ironic is it that I discovered Phlo Finister's music upon the submersion of various episodes of Disney's "Recess"? Sure, there's the slight difference between Finster and Finister, but at first glance, I did not notice. Muriel P. Finster plagued the playground something terrible, didn't she? But, I digress.

Upon giving this EP a listen, I was immediately taken by her bold choices in instrumentals. And, by its completion, I can firmly state she did them justice. This young Queen possesses a soulful sound similar to that of Erykah Badu, which she sampled one of my personal favourites, "bag lady" on the fast track. Phlo goes on to sample Tupac's classic track, "Hail Mary". Intrigued to see what more Phlo has to offer to the music world. Visit her personal site to keep up. Click the jump to see her latest video. Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment